Sunday, September 26, 2010

A Typical Day at the Office

Once my morning commute has concluded, I enter the MTV3 offices to begin my workday. I am first greeted by this cutie-pie retro owl in the stairwell:


MTV3's owl logo has changed many times throughout the years, and the different versions are painted all over the building. This one is my favorite -- how shocking that it's the one from the 70's.

I pass another dope logo mural after the stairwell on the way to my desk:


Then I enter the main area for the web content team. It has been accurately compared to the Studio Line from Loreal design:



My desk is in an adjoining room off to the side:


At 11:00 sharp (sooooo early!!!), we all go for lunch in the company's cafeteria. We line up like good little girls and boys to get our meals:


There is a buffet-style line with about four different food choices: a type of meat dish -- usually chicken, lamb, meatballs, etc. -- a fish entree, a vegetarian option and a salad of the day. These usually have to be translated for me, which makes me feel even more like a five year-old.


And, in case you're wondering why I've gained about 10 - 20 pounds the next time you see me, one of the reasons is this bread/dessert station. So not necessary, but soooooo hard to resist:


Then we all sit together and eat as quickly as possible because...


... afterwards we grab coffee and gather around the common area to watch (and make fun of) music videos for the rest of our lunch break!


As promised, here are all my super-cute co-workers. Some of them weren't too keen on having their photo taken but oh well. They'll get over it :)





Look, I'm actually drinking hot coffee! Not my first choice, but I'll take what I can get. I think I've only had iced coffee twice since I've been here.


Oh, and we do actual work as well, but I'll cover that in an upcoming post. Just wanted to show you where I spend my days.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the owls!

    Is the cafeteria free? That would be extra rad if it was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 70s owl is the best! I think I am going to draw him on my whiteboard, just because.

    ReplyDelete