Friday, September 17, 2010

I'm Not a Celebrity, Get Me Outta Here

Oh, celebs. Who doesn’t love immersing themselves in shallow, self-centered Hollywood folk? This girl. But in the last two weeks, I have been forced to become a celebrity whore.

Helmi, the website for which I am now a web editor, mostly reports on celebs and how they relate to specific areas of the site (beauty, fashion, weddings, etc.). That means it’s now my job to know everything they do. I definitely wish I had paid more attention the US Weeklys that used to collect dust on my desk. No worries: the mag has an RSS feed -- as does Radar, TMZ, People, et al -- that I check about 20 times a day.

I am now abreast of every minuscule detail happening in famous-people world! Heidi and Spencer: will they divorce or won’t they? Will they actually make the big move to Costa Rica? It’s a good thing Spencer apologized on his Twitter account before he was arrested with a firearm. Oh, and that judge that called Snooki worse than Lindsay Lohan? That was a low blow, but she totes deserves it. (Loving her new look, btw. Bangs are such an improvement over the poof.) Britney’s bodyguard was pretty outta line with all his accusations of sexual harassment -- I’m so glad K-Fed stood up for her. I wonder if Bristol Palin will keep her promise about not wearing a revealing outfit on Dancing with the Stars. Do you think Jersey Shore’s “The Situation” will be any good or will he have two left feet? OMG - did you see the VMAs??? Kanye West and Taylor Swift certainly had some words for each other, eh? Did you see that Katy Perry had her beau, Russell Brand, on her fingernails? Talk about a man-icure. Lady Gaga totally wowed in her Alexander McQueen, didn’t she? Can. you. believe she draped herself in dead, rotting flesh, though? What a statement. She is sooooo fashionable. And asking Cher to hold her meat purse? Classic! (PS... check out my picks for best and worst dressed! No, seriously I made it. And it was kind of fun.)



So, as you can see, working here has forced me out of my comfort zone -- something the GROW program is all about. Bring it on, LiLo.

2 comments:

  1. I do believe you've just created the most perfectly optimized, SEO-rich, trending, topical, social media-savvy blog post in the history of the internets. TMZ got nothin' on you.

    Come visit!
    reags

    ReplyDelete